Monday, November 9, 2009

State Cross Country 2009

Jake left early Friday morning for Eugene where the state cross country meet was held on Saturday, the 7th.
Seven runners are on a varsity cross country team. Baker sent both a boys and girls team to state plus one alternate boy.
When we got to Eugene, Courtney spied Jake and his teammates at the edge of the track where they were watching the end of the 1A/2A/3A race.
Jake and some teammates with his cute sister Courtney encouraging him from behind.
Jake was a bit nervous just before the big race. Behind Jake is part of the course.
I loved these shots of Jake and Karen together. Courtney is in the white and purple jacket to Jake's right above.
Warming up for the 3.2 mile race.
Trevor was Baker's fastest runner all year and he continued his strong performance at state.
Jake was one of only about 10 freshmen that ran at state. There were about 130 runners in his race.
Skyler had a great run and set a personal best.
I was very proud of Jake. He truly gave his all in the race.
Skyler sprinting at the end while sporting his scruffy look.
Jake died when he hit the track. He had given his all and didn't have much left. He is in the back of the track.
Jake was dying at the end. But he finished in exactly 20 minutes. Way to go Jake!!
Jake with his senior friend Eric.
Jake killed his ankle three times in the race. He was so tired. I had a great picture with mom, Jake and Courtney but my fingers accidentally deleted it.
Add ImageJake sporting his new tee shirt from state!!

1 comment:

  1. So, did Baker or Jake place at State? Way to go 3.2 miles in 20 minutes! I wouldn't be dying...I would be dead if I ran that fast. I like to run with my girls at the 32-35 minute pace:). I am truly proud of you for pushing yourself so hard. You have great confidence to work that hard as a freshman. Keep it up, I expect to read lots and lots more!

    ReplyDelete